all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs-25 and Hydra
@ 2015-11-17  0:55 Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2015-11-17  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-devel; +Cc: rgm

Hi,

The Emacs continuous build on Hydra doesn't have a jobset for the
emacs-25 branch[1].  Does anyone know how to add one?

[1] https://hydra.nixos.org/project/gnu#tabs-project

* Re: emacs-25 and Hydra
@ 2015-11-17  5:41 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2015-11-17  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xue Fuqiao; +Cc: rgm, Emacs-devel

Xue Fuqiao <xfq.free@gmail.com> writes:

> The Emacs continuous build on Hydra doesn't have a jobset for the
> emacs-25 branch[1].  Does anyone know how to add one?

I don’t know how to add a jobset to NixOS’s hydra instance.  (Though I
see that there’s “emacs-trunk” already.)

Another thing that could be done is add a package variant for emacs-next
to GNU Guix, which would make our instance of Hydra build it.
Currently, there are only builds for Emacs 24.5 and latest Guile Emacs:

   http://hydra.gnu.org/search?query=emacs

Adding a recipe like this to ‘gnu/packages/emacs.scm’ should be
sufficient:

(define-public emacs-next
  (let ((commit "1721600d24"))
    (package (inherit emacs)
      (name "emacs-next")
      (version (string-append "20151117." commit))
      (source (origin
                (method git-fetch)
                (uri (git-reference
                      (url "git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git")
                      (commit commit)))
                (sha256
                 (base32
                  "0m2xymficfw10iny4v58ksw4gys1bv4zg0y29dx40wv2jfll9h2h"))))
      (native-inputs
       `(("autoconf" ,autoconf)
         ("automake" ,automake)
         ,@(package-native-inputs emacs)))
      (arguments
       (substitute-keyword-arguments (package-arguments emacs)
         ((#:phases phases)
          `(modify-phases ,phases
             (add-after 'unpack 'autogen
              (lambda _
                (zero? (system* "sh" "autogen.sh")))))))))))

Note that this won’t automatically be updated to the latest commit.  It
would have to be updated manually, which probably is not what you want.

~~ Ricardo

* Re: emacs-25 and Hydra
@ 2015-11-18 18:08 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2015-11-18 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xue Fuqiao; +Cc: Emacs-devel

You ask the kind folks on the hydra-users list, which I did in

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/hydra-users/2015-11/msg00000.html

It seems the relevant jobset exists now.

* Re: emacs-25 and Hydra
@ 2015-11-19  6:17   ` Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2015-11-19  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Emacs-devel

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 2:08 AM, Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> wrote:

Hi Glenn,

> You ask the kind folks on the hydra-users list, which I did in
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/hydra-users/2015-11/msg00000.html
>
> It seems the relevant jobset exists now.

Cool.  I confirm that All Goes Well now.  Thanks!