Hi Eli, Thanks for looking at that further. Re: the second issue, the problem seems to start here, with this: element (see PROBLEM below), which (a) seems out of place (b) is never closed w/ "
, as best I can see (as per inspection of saved output from curl " https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/flymake.html") Instead, this "" seems to be closed with a mismatched ""

Syntax checks happen “on-the-fly”. Each check is started whenever:

<== PROBLEM?
  • flymake-mode is started, unless flymake-start-on-flymake-mode is nil;
  • the buffer is saved, unless flymake-start-on-save-buffer is nil;
  • some changes were made to the buffer more than 0.5 seconds ago (the delay is configurable in flymake-no-changes-timeout).
  • When the user invokes the command flymake-start.
  • <== PROBLEM?

    If the check detected errors or warnings, the respective buffer regions are highlighted. See Finding diagnostics, for how to learn what the problems are.

    I am unfamiliar w/ Texinfo, but I nonetheless don't see any "obvious" reason that a
    element should be emitted at the above location, based on the below excerpt from https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/doc/misc/flymake.texi?h=emacs-29#n115 (I'm just guessing on the corresponding version of this file currently used for the online documentation) Syntax checks happen ``on-the-fly''. Each check is started whenever: @itemize @bullet @item @code{flymake-mode} is started, unless @code{flymake-start-on-flymake-mode} is @code{nil}; @item the buffer is saved, unless @code{flymake-start-on-save-buffer} is @code{nil}; @item some changes were made to the buffer more than @code{0.5} seconds ago (the delay is configurable in @code{flymake-no-changes-timeout}). @item When the user invokes the command @code{flymake-start}. @end itemize Perhaps this is helpful; if not please pardon & ignore. On Thu, Aug 22, 2024 at 3:16 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Lester Longley > > Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2024 15:07:57 -0400 > > Cc: 72761@debbugs.gnu.org > > > > OK, here's a clue re: the first issue. > > > > The flymake "nodes" ( > https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/flymake/ ) manual > (attempts) to > > make a relative "cross link" to the eglot "nodes" manual, like so: > > > > href="../eglot_html/Eglot-Features.html#Eglot-Features">Eglot Features > > Yes, that part was evident. The question was why it says > "eglot_html". And I just found the answer: it's a relatively recent > change in Texinfo. From the Texinfo NEWS file: > > 7.0 (7 November 2022) > * texi2any > [...] > . HTML output: > . use manual_name_html as output directory for split HTML instead of > manual_name or manual_name.html > > Ugh! >