Hi Eli, Thanks for taking a look at these items. Re: the first issue, on further experimentation, it actually seems to manifest itself (as https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/eglot_html/Eglot-Features.html#Eglot-Features ) only if I go to this URL (w/o the trailing "index.html"): https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/flymake/ ... which must be the way I originally stumbled on this. Regards, Lester On Thu, Aug 22, 2024 at 2:03 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2024 12:43:23 -0400 > > From: Lester Longley via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, > > the Swiss army knife of text editors" > > > > I see two issues at manual page: > https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/flymake.html > > > > (1) in sentence "See Eglot Features in Eglot: The Emacs LSP Client > Flymake is also designed to be easily > > extended to support new backends via an Elisp interface.", > > the embedded link > > > https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/eglot_html/Eglot-Features.html#Eglot-Features > > doesn't work (404 error) > > I think the correct link should be: > > > https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/eglot/Eglot-Features.html#Eglot-Features > > > > The same issue is present at the "html_node" page > > https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/flymake/index.html > > I don't see this here. First, the links are to > > https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/eglot.html#Eglot-Features > and not as you say, and they both work here. > > > (2) the section > https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/flymake.html#Mode-line-status > is > > empty, when I view it in Chrome 127, on a Chromebook, or in Chrome, on > an Android phone. > > Here's browser snapshot from Chromebook; Android phone gives similar > view: > > I do see this. It's probably some problem with the produced HTML, > because the HTML is not empty: > >

The following statuses are defined: >

[nerrors nwarnings > ...]Normal operation. nerrors and > nwarnings are, respectively, > the total number of errors and warnings found during the last buffer > check, for all backends. They may be followed by other totals for > other types of diagnostics (see href="#Flymake-error-types">Customizing Flymake error types).
WaitSome Flymake > backends haven’t reported since the last time they > where questioned. It is reasonable to assume that this is a temporary > delay and Flymake will resume normal operation soon.
!All the > configured Flymake backends have disabled themselves: Flymake > cannot annotate the buffer and action from the user is needed to > investigate and remedy the situation (see href="#Troubleshooting">Troubleshooting).
?There are no > applicable Flymake backends for this buffer, thus Flymake > cannot annotate it. To fix this, a user may look to extending Flymake > and add a new backend (see Extending > Flymake).