all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Fixing namespace prefixes in outline.el
@ 2015-01-26 18:31 Oleh
From: Oleh @ 2015-01-26 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi all,

As I was looking to improve the patch in
http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19493, I've noticed that
outline.el has some really outdated stuff, like function names without
prefixes, and plain text instead of "\\{outline-mode-map}" in the mode
definition.

Is it OK to e.g.:

    (defun outline-show-subtree ()
      "Show everything after this heading at deeper levels."
      (interactive)
      (outline-flag-subtree nil))

    (define-obsolete-function-alias
        'show-subtree 'outline-show-subtree "25.1")

Also, what's the opinion on the indentation with tabs and spaces?
Encouraged / discouraged / don't care? I very much prefer spaces only.

regards,
Oleh

* Re: Fixing namespace prefixes in outline.el
@ 2015-01-26 18:52 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2015-01-26 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Oleh <ohwoeowho@gmail.com> writes:

> Also, what's the opinion on the indentation with tabs and spaces?
> Encouraged / discouraged / don't care? I very much prefer spaces only.

If this was documented in /CONTRIBUTE, we would not have to keep
answering this question.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Fixing namespace prefixes in outline.el
@ 2015-01-28 11:47 ` Oleh Krehel
From: Oleh Krehel @ 2015-01-28 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> Is it OK to e.g.:
>
>     (defun outline-show-subtree ()
>       "Show everything after this heading at deeper levels."
>       (interactive)
>       (outline-flag-subtree nil))
>
>     (define-obsolete-function-alias
>         'show-subtree 'outline-show-subtree "25.1")

All namespace changes are now in origin/scratch/outline.
I also added/improved a bunch of docstrings in outline.el.

Could someone please revew and merge it?

Oleh