all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* does Your elpy/rope autocomplete from "sys." ?
@ 2014-04-27 14:08 Paul K
       [not found] ` <8738gxlr7f.fsf@saturnus.olympos>
From: Paul K @ 2014-04-27 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hallo emacs users.

my python program is very simple:

*import sys*sys.

unfortunatelly no completion is done at the end.

But for another module (`os' for example) all is ok.

where is the problem?

I am running following:
GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)

elpy-version is a variable defined in `elpy.el'.
Its value is "1.3.0"

terminal$ pip freeze | grep rope
rope==0.9.4

terminal$ python --version
Python 2.7.3

I am running ubuntu.12.04

my emacs configuration is:

(require 'package)
(package-initialize)

(elpy-enable)
(delq 'flymake-mode elpy-default-minor-modes)

ragards,

* Re: does Your elpy/rope autocomplete from "sys." ?
       [not found] ` <8738gxlr7f.fsf@saturnus.olympos>
@ 2014-04-29 12:46   ` Paul K
From: Paul K @ 2014-04-29 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ablepharus; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi ablepharus.

Thanks for the suggestion.
looks like 2 persons noticed the problem.

to resolve confusion, let me put simple python code once more. "bold" font
spoiled my previous version of code:

import sys
sys.   # no completion here.

@ 2014-04-29 14:23     ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2014-04-29 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 29.04.2014 14:46, Paul K wrote:
> Hi ablepharus.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.
> looks like 2 persons noticed the problem.
>

> to resolve confusion, let me put simple python code once more. "bold" font
> spoiled my previous version of code:
>
> import sys
> sys.   # no completion here.

There is a way to report bugs: