That looks like the git via ssh link, in which case the git@...: syntax is correct. Eric, your link may require write access to the repo. There's also the https link https://git.gitorious.org/emacs-transition/review5.git On Thursday, May 15, 2014, Eric S. Raymond wrote: > David Kastrup >: > > Totally garbled link I'd say. Try > > > > git clone git://gitorious.org/emacs-transition/review5.git > > > > instead. > > I believe you, but I'm pasting the link gitorious presents, dangit. > > I think we've had this problem before. > -- > Eric S. Raymond > > -- Geoff Nothing is ever easy.