I suspect it had subscribed to changes to the $HOME directory for some reason. On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 12:58 PM Michael Albinus wrote: > Justin Van Winkle writes: > > Hi Justin, > > > To clarify, I was not writing to a file that was open in emacs. In > > fact, emacs would use 100% cpu even with no files opened, so long as > > global-auto-revert-mode was activated. > > File notifications work on directory level. > > Hmm, my suspicion that Emacs was reverting buffers seems to be > wrong. First, I will try to reproduce your problem, before proposing > changes. > > Best regards, Michael. >