Hi Michael, On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 4:18 PM Michael Albinus wrote: > Thomas Hisch writes: > > Hi Thomas, > > > returns nil. The reason for this is that > > `auth-source-user-and-password` searches for an entry with a plist key > > :host and not with the key :service. > > > > I know that I can manually pass the search spec to `auth-source-search > > `, > > but I want to keep the auth code in my pkg as high-level as > > possible. I also don't want to break anything for > > users that use different auth-sources. > > > > Is the implementation of auth-source.el, e.g. > > `auth-source-user-and-password`, supposed > > to support reading of secrets stored in a keyring, which are not > > created by emacs? > > That's a very good question. AFAIK, there is no common schema for the > Login keyring, so you are best served to use entries which have been > created with the same application. > I also don't think that there is a common schema for the Login keyring, but I'll ask the python-keyring developers why they have chosen the fieldname "service". BR, Thomas.