I propose you something else -- I do not know just now whether this is realizable with human efforts. I thought whether Emacs could insert Morphic Objects, like Smalltalk. Quite so -- first of all the closures must appear in Emacs , which is not the actual case. But in case this would happen, the buffers will become simple Morphs. All graphical objects will become morphs. That means, we could drop a TAB inside a Buffer, or inside a Frame. Having closures, we can communicate via messages, which makes possible a real graphical environment. Well ... this is the theory. But it would be good to have it in practice. What do you say? Alin