2012/2/9 Alin Soare > >> > I propose the following [brief/ main steps of a] concrete solution for >> > changing the color of a hidden tab whose process gave output in the >> > meantime: >> > >> > 1. Every tab has a unique ID that can be read and not modified. This ID >> is >> > dubbed by the system at the creation of the tab. >> >> This is pointless. Window configurations don't need a 'unique ID', >> neither does this. Just reify the tab: make it a unique Lisp object type >> (again, like window-configurations). Now the tab object serves as its >> own unique ID. >> >> > We were talking here about a method to implement the hourglass > functionality of a tab. > > Please read the previous discussion , and what means message passing in > scheme. I was talking about that. > > > I already implemented an identical idea, and it works in console. I am waiting to establish a common mechanism for gtk and motif. Otherwise tabs cannot be installed.