2012/1/26 Tassilo Horn > Tassilo Horn writes: > > > But how the heck is the usage of the prefix arg supposed to work? > > When I do C-s foo C-3, isearch is exited... > > That was my fault. Of course, loading the patched isearch.el didn't > make the changed isearch-mode-map active (defvar). It works fine, now. > > Usability-wise, C-s foo C- C-s makes only sense if that > keystroke is shorter to type than C-s multiple times. So maybe the > numbering should start with some offset, say, with the 5th next match? > > And the typing of C-s after the number is a bit inconvenient, so maybe, > C-7 could jump directly to the match hinted with 7, and only for > two-digit matches C-s was needed, i.e., C-u 1 2 C-s to jump to the 12th > match? > > I just played play with it too and I really like it. Here my notes: - I do agree with Tassilo, C-7 should directly jump to match hinted 7. - When more than lazy-highlight-max-at-a-time are visible in the window, the prefix number is restarted from 1 on the next match hinted. It's confusing and I think it should not appear on these items. - A defcustom variable should be added to enable/disable the match hinted prefix number. Anyway, it's an very interesting improvement. Jérémy