On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 11:38 AM, raman wrote: > Another thought re contact management -- LDAP support in Emacs has been > hard to configure -- EUCD fell by the wayside for nearly 10 years, and > ldapsearch.el only supported older versions of LDAP. About a year or > more ago there was some work done on EUDC, but getting EUDC to talk to > various LDAP servers is still somewhat of a black art --- and this gets > worse when encountering LDAP servers that have security configured > ---it's a complete mystery as to how to set up authentication. Getting > some of this abstracted away by wrolo would make it a really nice > front-end -- especially if one could achieve consistency across LDAP and > BBDB. > This could be done, though authentication these days is always a bit difficult. We would need a test LDAP server though and corporate sponsorship for such work wouldn't be a bad idea either :-) I will add it to the new feature wishlist for now as a good idea. See this wiki page for EUDC status: https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EUDC Bob