On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 4:07 PM, James Cloos wrote: > >>>>> "RW" == Robert Weiner writes: > > RW> ​If a package unintentionally shadows/overrides a standard/core Emacs > RW> library, then it is the package that is broken and needs to be fixed. > If > RW> instead the behavior is intentional then that is what the current > load-path > RW> order is designed to allow. > > The point is that if sub directories are nto automatically included, it is > easier to manage things. Especially when using one's dist's packaging. > ​I can see where you might have test subdirectories or others that you would not want included in load-path. If you want to justify a change though, you should give one or more clear examples of where the default behavior is the major cause of a problem. ​ > > I had to make substantial changes to my .emacs when the auto sub dirs > was added to fix all of the damage that caused. ​Be explicit. Don't just say damage. Give precise examples of what happened and what was required to fix it so everyone can understand what you are talking​ ​about. Bob ​