all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* 25.0.94: Library and Module should be added to the Glossary in the Emacs Manual
@ 2016-07-07 18:23 Robert Weiner
From: Robert Weiner @ 2016-07-07 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

For the 25.1 release, I would suggest the addition of Library and
Module to the Emacs Manual.
There is already a cross-reference to the Lisp Libraries section of
the manual, but no entry for Library or Lisp Library.  And since
dynamic modules of C code are new, it would make sense to have an
entry for that as well, even though most of the documentation for that
will likely lie in the Elisp manual.

Bob

* Re: 25.0.94: Library and Module should be added to the Glossary in the Emacs Manual
@ 2016-07-07 19:39 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-07-07 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rswgnu; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Robert Weiner <rsw@gnu.org>
> Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 14:23:09 -0400
>
> For the 25.1 release, I would suggest the addition of Library and
> Module to the Emacs Manual.
> There is already a cross-reference to the Lisp Libraries section of
> the manual, but no entry for Library or Lisp Library.  And since
> dynamic modules of C code are new, it would make sense to have an
> entry for that as well, even though most of the documentation for that
> will likely lie in the Elisp manual.

If you post a patch, I promise to review it promptly.

Thanks.