On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Yuri Khan wrote: > > There is no ambiguity between line and column number. Line, as the > most significant item, obviously goes to the left, while the least > significant column goes to the right. Same as hundreds:tens:ones. Same > as /home/myuser/mydir/myfile. Same as year-month-day > hour:minute:second. (Contrary to site.domain.tld though.) > ​This is not the way an average user might think. He'll see the numbers (16,18)​, will have to pause his thinking, will say to himself, is the line number 16 or 18 again. Wait, let me move the cursor around and check. Oh, I see now. He will have wasted his time and broken his train of thought. I bet it even happens to more advanced users. If anybody likes explicitly labeled line and column numbers together, I would chime in now if you want to see any near term changes. So far, I think opinion expressed is split with slightly more people preferring the explicit labeling. Bob