On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 3:53 AM, martin rudalics wrote: > > ​The Treemacs package displays a full-frame height window at > > the left of the frame that can be used to browse directories > > in an outline fashion. It has some features that make it > > attractive at times beyond just using Dired (it also can be > > used in tandem with Dired). > > > > Treemacs uses treemacs-mode for its buffers. So I want any > > window with a buffer in that mode to be non-splittable since > > it is narrow and it doesn't make sense to split it in either > > dimension. > > You might consider two opportunities here: If the treemacs window is > "frame bound", then it's probably best to make it a side window so that > C-x 1 does not delete it and it does not become the sole window of the > frame. ​​ ​It is frame-bound. I tested display-buffer-in-side-window and that did the trick. Thanks. Is set-window-dedicate-p also needed or does the side window setup take care of that? If you don't want delete-other-windows to delete this window, then also add: (set-window-parameter (selected-window) 'no-delete-other-windows t) Bob