On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 10:21 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: > > It seems as of Emacs 25, there are no hooks in posn-set-point to do > > something custom before or after point has been set/moved. > > There are various ways to do things very similar to what posn-set-point > does, so a hook on this function seems rather odd to me: it will only > catch some window selections and some point movements. ​​ > ​​ > IOW I find it difficult to characterize when these hooks will be run ​​ > (except with the trivial characterization that they're run when > ​​ > posn-set-point is run, which is not very meaningful since no command is > ​​ > documented to use this function). > ​FYI, the initial desire for these hooks came from wanting to do something whenever the mouse set point. Then I thought it would be more useful if it covered any interactive setting of point, which led to posn-set-point (called by mouse-set-point). If there are better ways to do this, let's discuss them. Bob​​