On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 4:40 PM, Tak Kunihiro wrote: > ​I wrote: > ​ > > I'd like to be able to: > > 1. Drag files from Dired to an editable window in another application, > e.g. Chrome. > > 2. Select a region and have a mouse key binding that would drag it to > the other application. > > `mouse-drag-and-drop-region' (from 26) moves region within a frame. > ​Excellent. Thanks for the tip. Some things I'm working on now will probably allow this to be extended across frames. I wonder why it doesn't work to drop the text onto other applications. Bob