On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 12:05 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Robert Weiner > > Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 14:19:23 -0500 > > Cc: martin rudalics , emacs-devel > > > > > The usual way is to insert > > > > > > (sit-for 0 t) > > > > > > before the code that needs the frame visible. You can see this, e.g., > > > in fancy-splash-frame and in some other places. > > > > > > > ​Ok, I'll add that. Could you run the tests at the end > > of the file and see if this version of that function resolves > > your issues: > > It still works erratically, at least on one system I tried it: > sometimes displays an incompletely rendered frame, sometimes triggers > an error with a backtrace, saying I attempted to delete a sole frame, > sometimes doesn't return to the original frame/window/buffer. I will > take a closer look at what happens when I have time. > ​Please lengthen the frame creation delay time and see if that changes the behavior. Since frame creation is asynchronous, this is important. Bob ​