On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 3:55 AM, martin rudalics wrote: > > ​Ok. It would be more helpful if you explained which problems you feel > are > > relevant to the discussion at hand. > > For example that of getting the screen dimensions of a window. Have a > look at x_real_pos_and_offsets to get an idea of the tribulations needed > to do that for an Emacs frame. These are by far the most complicated > operations we do in the X specific code and I have reports that we still > do not get the right results everywhere. ​Yes, I see. I am having similar issues when trying to replicate the size of a frame under the macOS window system. I can't seem to get the new frame to match the old frame by using (frame-edges nil 'outer-edges) or (frame-edges nil 'native-edges). In earlier versions of Emacs, I don't remember this being a problem but I can't recall when that was. What is the best way available to replicate the size of one frame to another given the limitations that exist now? Bob