all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* M-x rmail results in IO error reading .newmail
@ 2014-08-26 12:53 visaris tds.net
From: visaris tds.net @ 2014-08-26 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: visaris tds.net

Hi

Attempting to read mail via M-x rmail produces the message

IO error reading /home/visaris/.newmail-visaris

accompanied by a beep from my PC's speaker.

Haven't experienced this before.  What error?  How to fix?  I tried
to locate files "*macs*" related to emacs, delete them and then
reinstall emacs-24.3-r6 but that did not fix anything as far as I can tell.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-08-26 12:53 UTC | newest]