M-x gud-gdb is *exactly* what I was looking for. Thanks, Stefan! (And thanks to the maintainers who preserved this functionality.) Thanks again, --Glenn On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 7:57 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: > > Yes, that's what I use. I tried the newish "M-x gdb" a few times and was > > annoyed by the same things that annoy Glenn Brown. > > I wasn't annoyed by dedicated windows, but I also use M-x gud-gdb, FWIW > (I was annoyed by the unreliability of M-x gdb, tho I haven't tried it > again for a long time now). > > > Stefan >