all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* smtpmail with xoauth2
@ 2022-07-14  3:57 Vladimir Nikishkin
From: Vladimir Nikishkin @ 2022-07-14  3:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello, everyone

I wonder if anyone has smtpmail working with an xoauth2 account.

I have managed to make mbsync fetch my mail over IMAP using the
following entry in ~/.mbsyncrc
`PassCmd "~/bin/mutt_oauth2.py ~/tokens/my-mail.tokens"`
(I have already applied for the tokens and such.)
However, I haven't found a way to feed the same command to Emacs's
authsource library. (or smtpmail library).

Can someone help?

--
Yours sincerely, Vladimir Nikishkin
(Sent from GMail web interface.)

* Re: smtpmail with xoauth2
@ 2022-07-14  8:04 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2022-07-14  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Thursday, 14 Jul 2022 at 11:57, Vladimir Nikishkin wrote:
> I wonder if anyone has smtpmail working with an xoauth2 account.

For Exchange servers, I have gone with davmail as an intermediary that
takes care of multi-factor authentication.

For gmail, there was a very long thread in either emacs-help or
emacs-devel a few months ago.
--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 29.0.50 2022-07-12) on Debian 11.3