all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs KDE clipboard interaction
@ 2012-10-12 10:38 Ivanov Dmitry
From: Ivanov Dmitry @ 2012-10-12 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am using Emacs 23.3.1 and KDE 4.5.5 on Linux Slackware. When I select and copy some text in Emacs into the clipboard, using the hotkeys: C-c & Shift-<Ins> this text doesn't appear immidiately in KDE clipboard. But exists at the top of Klipper buffer. So I have to manually select this text and then it's available.

When I copy from the menu, everything works fine. How to learn, which functions called, when copying from the menu, so I could bind it to the hotkeys?

* Re: Emacs KDE clipboard interaction
@ 2012-10-12 16:00 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2012-10-12 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivanov Dmitry; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 12.10.2012 um 12:38 schrieb Ivanov Dmitry:

> How to learn, which functions called, when copying from the menu

	<Mark some text> C-h k <then choose the menu entry>

A *Help* has opened and tells which function you had chosen from the menu.

In my version of GNU Emacs 24 I see keyboard shot-cuts displayed for (some of) the menu entries.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Almost anything is easier to get into than out of.
				– Allen's Law

* Re: Emacs KDE clipboard interaction
@ 2012-10-12 20:04   ` Ivanov Dmitry
From: Ivanov Dmitry @ 2012-10-12 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Dyballa; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Ok, I found it. The function is called 'clipboard-kill-ring-save', while it
was bound to function: 'kill-ring-save'. But I can't reset C-c. It was
bound via cua-mode and the standard approach, using global-set-key doesn't
work. How to remap C-c to another function?

@ 2012-10-12 22:17     ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2012-10-12 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivanov Dmitry; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 12.10.2012 um 22:04 schrieb Ivanov Dmitry:

> How to remap C-c to another function?

Me, I don't know! What you can do as well is, type C-h b. It will update the *Help* buffer and show you that some key bindings are stored in particular keymaps, that will have to use to change this or that key binding. With cua-mode on you see an even larger chaos. So, I prefer to stay a few light years away from cua-mode and continue to live happily together with GNU Emacs.

--
Greetings

  Pete

The best way to accelerate a PC is 9.8 m/s²