I've attached a picture of the contrast that I dislike. If you don't believe that this eyesore is a problem (and I mean it literally, not figuratively), then I'll just fix the problem with a local customization. -- MJF -----Original Message----- From: Emacs bug Tracking System [mailto:owner@emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com] Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:55 AM To: Jared Finder Subject: bug#2454 closed by Dan Nicolaescu (Re: bug#2454: 23.0.90; Colored Compilation Status is hard on the eyes) This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report which was filed against the emacs package: #2454: 23.0.90; Colored Compilation Status is hard on the eyes It has been closed by Dan Nicolaescu . Their explanation is attached below along with your original report. If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a better one in a separate message then please contact Dan Nicolaescu by replying to this email. -- 2454: http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=2454 Emacs Bug Tracking System Contact owner@emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com with problems