Hi Michael, Fair enough, /PA > El 18 abr 2024, a las 20:17, Michael Albinus escribió: > > Eli Zaretskii > writes: > > Hi Eli, > >>>> 1.- Open zip archive in remote machine using TRAMP >>>> 2.- Modify archive member >>>> 3.- Try to save with Ctrl-x Ctrl-s >>>> >>>> Will work w/o problems on locally edited archive >>> >>> I can reproduce it. There seems to be an error in arc-mode.el. I'll >>> debug it when time permits; however, this mode is terra incognita for >>> me. >>> >>> Or somebody who knows arc-mode.el could debug. >> >> I only know how it works with local archives, not with remote ones. > > Yes. But from my short debug cycle I've tried just now it looks, like > arc-mode detects that the zip file couldn't be edited directly, and it > works over a local temporary copy of that zip file. So it couldn't be > too hard to fix this, once we (I?) understand the different steps. > > In order to make it clear, I transform this report into a wishlist. > Editing remote zip files hasn't been offered ever I believe. > > Best regards, Michael.