all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ecb/jde: returning to the 'edit1' window after jde-compile window auto-closes.
@ 2007-04-18  5:34 Livin Stephen
From: Livin Stephen @ 2007-04-18  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: aquamacs-devel

Hi emacs+jde+ecb users.

 I use (aqua)emacs with jde and ecb - all three are *very recent*
builds.

I have this in my prj.el file:
 '(jde-compile-enable-kill-buffer t)

My problem is that after compilation, when the jde-compile window
closes itself (due to the jde option specified above), the cursor is
placed in the first (topmost) of the ecb-windows. For example, it is
placed in the "ecb-directories" window if I'm using the "right1" ecb-
layout.

I have to keep running the command ecb-goto-window-edit1 to return to
the window where I'm editing code.

As a convenience, I do a global-set-key routine to map C-c 1 to this
function (ecb-goto-window-edit1).

Is there a better/permanent fix that anyone can suggest ?

Regards
 --lss

* Re: ecb/jde: returning to the 'edit1' window after jde-compile window auto-closes.
@ 2007-04-18 20:42 ` Karl Hegbloom
From: Karl Hegbloom @ 2007-04-18 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Livin Stephen; +Cc: aquamacs-devel, help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 22:34 -0700, Livin Stephen wrote:
> Is there a better/permanent fix that anyone can suggest ?

Use the source, Luke.  And please submit your patch upstream.

Without looking, I'm not exactly sure how to solve it.  If that function
that deletes the buffer does so by being inside that buffer at the time,
then you know where you are when it does so... so you just need to have
it make the right window active after it deletes that one.

* Re: ecb/jde: returning to the 'edit1' window after jde-compile window auto-closes.
@ 2007-04-20 12:50 ` Klaus Berndl
From: Klaus Berndl @ 2007-04-20 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

>From the developer/maintainer of ECB: probably the jde-window-functions are
not all compatible with the ECB-window-management - ECB does already a lot of
compatibility stuff to make applications like JDEE working as best as possible
in combination with ECB but i suppose the current compile-window-closing of
JDEE does somewhere something tricky which is not covered by the
compatibility-code of ECBs window-engine....

Maybe i find the time to look deeper into the problem but i can not admit
because i'm quite busy...

Which version of ECB and JDEE are you using? what is the name of this
jde-option which forces this automatically compile-window-closing?

Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl			mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG				http://www.sdm.de

* Re: ecb/jde: returning to the 'edit1' window after jde-compile window auto-closes.
@ 2007-04-20 15:26   ` Livin Stephen Sharma
From: Livin Stephen Sharma @ 2007-04-20 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-help gnu gnu

Klaus,
I hope this info helps...

ecb-version...  '(ecb-options-version "2.32")
jdee-version...  JDEE 2.3.5.1
jdee-option...   jde-compile-enable-kill-buffer  [to hide the compile
window if compilation successful].

Many thanks for your interest!

  --livin.stephen

@ 2007-04-20 15:53     ` Livin Stephen Sharma
From: Livin Stephen Sharma @ 2007-04-20 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-help gnu

Klaus!
!!! I may need to withdraw this request for help - temporarily !!!
  :)

The problem may not lie with ecb / jde / (Gnu)emacs at all:
  perhaps the issue lies with the particular port/implementation of
emacs I use - Aquamacs (for mac os x).

  (it is still in very active and enthusiastic development).

Let me take this up with the Aquamacs forum and give you an update
after that.

thanks again
--livin.stephen