all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* load-theme and changing fonts
@ 2012-07-30 10:33 Mark Skilbeck
From: Mark Skilbeck @ 2012-07-30 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, all.

In my .emacs, I am configuring the default font with the following
code:

  (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist
    '(font . "-unknown-Droid Sans Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-11-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1"))

Now, if the fancy arrives and I change the theme with M-x load-theme,
for some themes the font will be changed also! This is a pain in the
rear as I must then determine (from my .emacs) the rather offensive
string included in the above excerpt.

Can the theme system be configured to leave the font alone?

Danke!

--
- mgs.

if all you young men / were fish in the water
how many young girls / would undress and dive after

* Re: load-theme and changing fonts
@ 2012-07-30 12:14 ` Mark Skilbeck
From: Mark Skilbeck @ 2012-07-30 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 11:33:28AM +0100, Mark Skilbeck wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> In my .emacs, I am configuring the default font with the following
> code:
>
>   (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist
>     '(font . "-unknown-Droid Sans Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-11-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1"))
>
> Now, if the fancy arrives and I change the theme with M-x load-theme,
> for some themes the font will be changed also! This is a pain in the
> rear as I must then determine (from my .emacs) the rather offensive
> string included in the above excerpt.
>
> Can the theme system be configured to leave the font alone?
>
> Danke!

Setting the font in .Xdefaults appears to remedy the issue.

  Emacs*Font: Inconsolata-11:antialias=True
  emacs.FontBackend: xtf

--

@ 2012-07-30 16:42   ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2012-07-30 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Skilbeck; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 30.07.2012 um 14:14 schrieb Mark Skilbeck:

>  emacs.FontBackend: xtf

Shouldn't it be xft?

--
Greetings

  Pete

Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.
				- Groucho Marx