all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Printing inline images?
@ 2011-11-18 21:03 Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2011-11-18 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear list,

I use Gnus to read my mail through emacs and I have an email with inline
images I want to print. I thought 'ps-print-buffer' would do the trick,
but this only prints the text and not the images. I tried info and
google, but I cannot find the solution, so any pointers would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Johnny

* Re: Printing inline images?
@ 2011-11-18 22:13 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2011-11-18 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Johnny; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 18.11.2011 um 22:03 schrieb Johnny:

> I use Gnus to read my mail through emacs and I have an email with inline
> images I want to print. I thought 'ps-print-buffer' would do the trick,
> but this only prints the text and not the images.

Try htmlize!

--
Greetings

  Pete

The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.

* Re: Printing inline images?
@ 2011-11-18 23:58   ` Johnny
From: Johnny @ 2011-11-18 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Peter Dyballa; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> Am 18.11.2011 um 22:03 schrieb Johnny:
>
>> I use Gnus to read my mail through emacs and I have an email with inline
>> images I want to print. I thought 'ps-print-buffer' would do the trick,
>> but this only prints the text and not the images.
>
> Try htmlize!

Thanks Peter, I may try that if there is no way to directly use a
print-command to include images, as I suspect the idea would be to print
through the browser? Or can it be through emacs-w3m?

Regards,

--
Johnny

* Re: Printing inline images?
@ 2011-11-19  9:20     ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2011-11-19  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Johnny; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 19.11.2011 um 00:58 schrieb Johnny:

> Thanks Peter, I may try that if there is no way to directly use a
> print-command to include images, as I suspect the idea would be to print
> through the browser? Or can it be through emacs-w3m?

Htmlize produces HTML from some text format. I never tried it with a mixture of text and images. The HTML output might be displayed OK in w3m, but you'll need a method to convert this HTML to a printable format, PS or PDF for example. The usual Internet browsers have methods to convert HTML to PDF or have an interface to the OS which provides such a convertor. I'm not sure whether w3m has such (access) capabilities...

--
Greetings

  Pete

The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for « entrepreneur ».
				– Georges W. Bush