all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "Ludwig, Mark" <ludwig.mark@siemens.com>
To: "help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org" <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
Subject: RE: Performance problems (CPU 100%) with NULs in files
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 12:58:16 +0000	[thread overview]

Thanks for the pointer.  I was not aware of this mode.  This would be very helpful if I were actually intending to edit binary data.

In this thread, I am discussing simply visiting a file with the intention/belief that it's just ASCII.  I am not trying to change the text at all, just view it, scroll through it, etc.  (These are log files that should just be ASCII.)

Cheers,

Mark