all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* font-lock-mode not set in *info* buffer
@ 2013-02-26 19:19 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2013-02-26 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I've reorganized my init files and for some reason lost fontification in
*info* buffers :

I have (global-font-lock-mode) in my .emacs. When i open the info buffer
(C-h i), the variable global-font-lock-mode is true, the variable
font-lock-global-modes is also true but font-lock-mode is nil. M-x
font-lock-mode does fontify it though.

What am I missing ?

* RE: font-lock-mode not set in *info* buffer
@ 2013-02-26 19:47 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2013-02-26 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Julien Cubizolles', help-gnu-emacs

> I've reorganized my init files and for some reason lost
> fontification in
> *info* buffers :
>
> I have (global-font-lock-mode) in my .emacs. When i open the
> info buffer
> (C-h i), the variable global-font-lock-mode is true, the variable
> font-lock-global-modes is also true but font-lock-mode is nil. M-x
> font-lock-mode does fontify it though.
>
> What am I missing ?

Sounds like you are using a recent development (trunk) build of GNU Emacs.
(Always specify what you use.)

Emacs Dev recently broke font-lock in several ways.  They fixed some of the
damage, including, probably, what you report.  Try updating your build - see if
that doesn't fix this particular problem.

* Re: font-lock-mode not set in *info* buffer
@ 2013-02-27 10:45   ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2013-02-27 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

>> I've reorganized my init files and for some reason lost
>> fontification in
>> *info* buffers :
>>
>> I have (global-font-lock-mode) in my .emacs. When i open the
>> info buffer
>> (C-h i), the variable global-font-lock-mode is true, the variable
>> font-lock-global-modes is also true but font-lock-mode is nil. M-x
>> font-lock-mode does fontify it though.
>>
>> What am I missing ?
>
> Sounds like you are using a recent development (trunk) build of GNU Emacs.
> (Always specify what you use.)

Yes, fairly recent: GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+
 Version 3.6.0) of 2013-02-25

> Emacs Dev recently broke font-lock in several ways.  They fixed some of the
> damage, including, probably, what you report.

I'm relying on the emacs-snapshot-package from Ubuntu, I'll wait and see
if the next upgrade fixes it. Thanks for the info

Julien.