all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ediff-setup-windows-plain problem
@ 2006-04-03 15:14 Kim Taavo
From: Kim Taavo @ 2006-04-03 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I have Emacs 21.4.1, and have a problem with the control-buffer of ediff not
showing up when using the 'plain' window setup and having the tool-bar
turned off.

I start the ediff session without loading any site-file or local ~/.emacs
file:

emacs --no-init-file --no-site-file --eval '(progn (setq
ediff-window-setup-function (quote ediff-setup-windows-plain))
(tool-bar-mode -1) (ediff-files "/tmp/1.txt" "/tmp/2.txt"))'

However, when using three buffers the control-buffer shows up like it
should. Eg;

emacs --no-init-file --no-site-file --eval '(progn (setq
ediff-window-setup-function (quote ediff-setup-windows-plain))
(tool-bar-mode -1) (ediff-files3 "/tmp/1.txt" "/tmp/2.txt" "/tmp/3.txt"))'

I'm running the latest Gentoo Linux distribution, and have tried both the
emacs that comes with the distribution and the vanilla emacs from
ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/ on both x86 and amd64.

When compiling the vanilla emacs I tried all the different toolkits, but
that didn't seem to make any difference (although I did not compile vanilla
versions of the actual toolkits).

If you need additional information or testing, feel free to email me and
I'll do my best to straighten out any question marks.

Cheers!

/kim

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-04-03 15:14 UTC | newest]