all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to get the old "other window" back?
@ 2011-06-25 20:57 Bob Rogers
From: Bob Rogers @ 2011-06-25 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

   I just updated trunk for the first time in three weeks, and find that
C-x 4 b has a new interpretation of "other window"; it keeps popping up
windows in new frames.  The code for this is wondrously obscure; I have
been unable to figure out how to tell it to stick to the current frame.
Does anybody have a recipe that restores the traditional behavior?

   TIA (and apologies for being unwilling to invest the rest of my
sanity on wading through the new implementation),

					-- Bob Rogers
					   http://www.rgrjr.com/

* Re: How to get the old "other window" back?
@ 2011-06-25 21:08 ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2011-06-25 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Rogers; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 22:57, Bob Rogers <rogers-emacs@rgrjr.dyndns.org> wrote:

>   I just updated trunk for the first time in three weeks, and find that
> C-x 4 b has a new interpretation of "other window"; it keeps popping up
> windows in new frames.

From emacs -Q I cannot get C-x 4 b to pop any frame. So, if you're
seeing that, could be something in your setup, or a bug in the new
window code. Could you please try to find a simple test case and send
a bug report? It's the easier way to make the issue be noticed and
remembered (and eventually fixed ;-)

    Juanma

* Re: How to get the old "other window" back?
@ 2011-06-25 21:50   ` Bob Rogers
From: Bob Rogers @ 2011-06-25 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juanma Barranquero; +Cc: emacs-devel

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=unknown, Size: 556 bytes --]

   From: Juanma Barranquero <lekktu@gmail.com>
   Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 23:08:22 +0200

   On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 22:57, Bob Rogers <rogers-emacs@rgrjr.dyndns.org> wrote:

   >   I just updated trunk for the first time in three weeks, and find that
   > C-x 4 b has a new interpretation of "other window"; it keeps popping up
   > windows in new frames.

   From emacs -Q I cannot get C-x 4 b to pop any frame . . .

   Juanma

Funny, it always happens for me, even with emacs -Q.  But I'll submit a
bug report; thanks.

					-- Bob