all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* getting .tpl files to be considered as php
@ 2011-05-25  9:09 Vineet Naik
From: Vineet Naik @ 2011-05-25  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have configured nXhtml with emacs23 for php development. Everything works
fine for php, html files.
But I want that it should also treat .tpl files as php files (ie code
highlight and everything else should work in tpl as well).
How do I set this ?

Thanks,
vineet

* Re: getting .tpl files to be considered as php
@ 2011-05-25 20:41 ` Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2011-05-25 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2011-05-25 11:09, Vineet Naik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have configured nXhtml with emacs23 for php development. Everything
> works fine for php, html files.
> But I want that it should also treat .tpl files as php files (ie code
> highlight and everything else should work in tpl as well).
> How do I set this ?
>
> Thanks,
> vineet

Put this in your init file:

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.tpl\\'" . php-mode))

Replace php-mode above with whatever mode you want to enable when
opening a .tpl file.

/Deniz

* Re: getting .tpl files to be considered as php
@ 2011-05-26  6:36   ` Vineet Naik
From: Vineet Naik @ 2011-05-26  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deniz Dogan; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs