On Nov 17, 2006, at 1:08 PM, David Abrahams wrote: > > Is there a way to define a new face that's exactly like some other > face, except for certain changes? For example, I'd like to build a > face that's exactly font-lock-variable-name-face, except that it's > always italic. (copy-face 'font-lock-variable-name-face 'my-new-face) (set-face-attribute 'my-new-face nil :italic t) HTH, Perry Smith ( pedz@easesoftware.com ) Ease Software, Inc. ( http://www.easesoftware.com ) Low cost SATA Disk Systems for IBMs p5, pSeries, and RS/6000 AIX systems