Hello, Note: anything between angled brackets “< >” is not literal, but rather a description. Problem: Any time I edit and save a remote buffer over tramp, I get ``` changed on disk; really edit the buffer? (y, n, r or C-h) ``` The next time I try to edit the file. I know for a fact that the file has not changed, as I have compared copies of the file: 1. ``` $ cp remote/file.c remote/file_tmp.c ``` 2. Make a change in `file.c`, save, revert it, and save again (prompted each time with “buffer changed on disk”). 3. ``` $ diff file.c file_tmp.c ``` And they are identical. Reproduce: 1. ``` $ emacs -Q /ssh::path/to/file ``` 2. Change something 3. C-x C-s 4. Try to change something else 5. ``` changed on disk; really edit the buffer? (y, n, r or C-h) ``` Best regards, Jacob Faibussowitsch (Jacob Fai - booss - oh - vitch)