all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* about w3m view chinese fonts
@ 2007-12-11 15:59 step
From: step @ 2007-12-11 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

 hi
 i intall w3m,it work well in the xterm to show chinese fonts,but it
can't work in the emacs,i set in .emacs,but it seem don't work too

(setq w3m-coding-system 'utf-8
          w3m-file-coding-system 'utf-8
          w3m-file-name-coding-system 'utf-8
          w3m-input-coding-system 'utf-8
          w3m-output-coding-system 'utf-8
          w3m-terminal-coding-system 'utf-8
	  w3m-bookmark-file-coding-system 'utf-8
	  w3m-default-url-coding-system 'utf-8
	  w3m-arrived-file-coding-system 'utf-8
	  w3m-default-coding-system 'utf-8)
if i change utf-8 to gb2312 ,it also can't work
 my loacle is
  LANG=zh_CN.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=zh_CN:zh
LC_CTYPE="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

how can i do? 3x!

* Re: about w3m view chinese fonts
@ 2007-12-11 19:03 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-12-11 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: step; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 11.12.2007 um 16:59 schrieb step:

> i intall w3m,it work well in the xterm to show chinese fonts,but it
> can't work in the emacs

What does not work?

--
Greetings

   Pete

neither do we.
				– Georges W. Bush

* Re: about w3m view chinese fonts
@ 2007-12-12  3:03 ` William Xu
From: William Xu @ 2007-12-12  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

step <fxlzju@gmail.com> writes:

>  i intall w3m,it work well in the xterm to show chinese fonts,but it
> can't work in the emacs,i set in .emacs,but it seem don't work too
>
> (setq w3m-coding-system 'utf-8
>           w3m-file-coding-system 'utf-8
>           w3m-file-name-coding-system 'utf-8
>           w3m-input-coding-system 'utf-8
>           w3m-output-coding-system 'utf-8
>           w3m-terminal-coding-system 'utf-8
> 	  w3m-bookmark-file-coding-system 'utf-8
> 	  w3m-default-url-coding-system 'utf-8
> 	  w3m-arrived-file-coding-system 'utf-8
> 	  w3m-default-coding-system 'utf-8)

I have nothing coding-system related settings for w3m, and it displays
chinese pages correctly. Have you tried disabling them?

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org