Hi again. I have been thinking about an alternative. If we redefine isearch thing at point as region or thing at point. Meaning that if a region is active use it, else then try thing/symbol around point... and we reuse the key bindings. Is it a bad idea that conflicts with something? On May 7, 2019 4:56:47 AM GMT+02:00, Drew Adams wrote: >> >> > It would be good to "standardize" bindings - say >> >> > reserve `M-w' (e.g. on a prefix key) for the >> >> > "copy-region" (or similar) action >> >> >> >> I remember you had a key to grab the region into the minibuffer. >> >> This is what Ergus wants. >> > >> > I don't think this thread is about grabbing the region >> > text into the minibuffer. Ergus grabs it into Isearch >> > as the search string. >> > >> > And I don't think I have a command that grabs the >> > region into the minibuffer. >> >> Maybe the same key, e.g. 'M-.' could be used to grab >> the region into the search string, into the query-replace >> prompt, or into the minibuffer? > >Maybe. > >If you meant `M-.' then maybe you were thinking of my >binding of `M-.' in Icicles. It does pull buffer text >into the minibuffer (appends it there, so you can use it >to insert multiple things into the same minibuffer). > >It really has nothing to do with completion (hence with >most of the rest of Icicles) - you can use it with any >minibuffer, whether reading with or without completion. > >My `M-.' does not pick up the text of the active region, >however (it could be made to, but it doesn't do that now). > >Instead, it picks up existing buffer text starting at >point (either or both directions). You can pick up >multiple consecutive occurrences of a given kind of >thing, or you can pick up a given kind of thing, >choosing the kind by cycling among THING choices. > >The doc is here: > >https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Icicles_-_Inserting_Text_from_Cursor > >Perhaps it can serve as food for thought. It would be >simple to integrate the possibility of picking up the >region text when the region is active, as an alternative. -- Enviado desde mi dispositivo Android con K-9 Mail. Por favor, disculpa mi brevedad.