all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs24 Symbol's function definition is void: libxml-parse-html-region
@ 2013-08-05  1:39 ishi soichi
From: ishi soichi @ 2013-08-05  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

hi. running eww (http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2013/06/eww.html) encountered
an error

error in process filter: Symbol's function definition is void:
libxml-parse-html-region

it looks like my emacs24 is compiled without libxml2, correct?

Is there anyway to add libxml2 to emacs24 which is setup already?

thanks in advance.

soichi

* Re: emacs24 Symbol's function definition is void: libxml-parse-html-region
       [not found] <mailman.2494.1375666801.12400.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2013-08-05  2:01 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2013-08-05  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ishi soichi; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

ishi soichi <soichi777@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there anyway to add libxml2 to emacs24 which is setup already?

No, you have to build Emacs with libxml2 support.

  No Gnus T-Shirt for sale: http://ingebrigtsen.no/no.php
  and http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2013/08/twenty-years-of-september.html

* Re: emacs24 Symbol's function definition is void: libxml-parse-html-region
@ 2013-08-05  2:43 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2013-08-05  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 10:39:56 +0900
> From: ishi soichi <soichi777@gmail.com>
>
> Is there anyway to add libxml2 to emacs24 which is setup already?

On what OS?

* Re: emacs24 Symbol's function definition is void: libxml-parse-html-region
@ 2013-08-05  8:36   ` ishi soichi
From: ishi soichi @ 2013-08-05  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

OS is MacOSX 10.8.4

soichi

@ 2013-08-05  9:18     ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2013-08-05  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ishi soichi; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 05.08.2013 um 10:36 schrieb ishi soichi:

> OS is MacOSX 10.8.4

On Mac OS X no other chance than to recompile with libxml2 present.

--
Greetings

  Pete

If it does exist, it's out of date.
				– Arnold's Second Law of Documentation

* Re: emacs24 Symbol's function definition is void: libxml-parse-html-region
@ 2013-08-05 14:49     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2013-08-05 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 17:36:35 +0900
> From: ishi soichi <soichi777@gmail.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> OS is MacOSX 10.8.4

Then you indeed need to have an Emacs built with libxml2 support to
begin with.

On Windows, Emacs supports dynamic loading of optional libraries, so
you could install libxml2 after starting Emacs.