all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* help with wrapping
@ 2009-12-13 21:46 DoNotContact
From: DoNotContact @ 2009-12-13 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,
I've searched the archives and can't seem to find the solution or the proper phrasing of my question.  Here it goes:

Emacs' window opens to a with of 100.  When I type a paragraph (for latex) it auto-formats (wraps) the line at 69 characters and indents the 2nd line and those afterward in the paragraph about 15 characters.  eg.

my test paragraph is very very long and very very long and very very
               long and very very long and very very long and very very long
               and very very long and.

I have wrapping set to "wrap to window" and this seems to work once I manually reformat a paragraph.  Any ideas how I can disable this or where to look in my .emacs?

Thanks

* Re: help with wrapping
       [not found] <mailman.12921.1260759166.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-12-14 13:07 ` Pascal J. Bourguignon
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon @ 2009-12-14 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

DoNotContact <donotcontact@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, I've searched the archives and can't seem to find the solution
> or the proper phrasing of my question.  Here it goes:
>
> Emacs' window opens to a with of 100.  When I type a paragraph (for
> latex) it auto-formats (wraps) the line at 69 characters and indents
> the 2nd line and those afterward in the paragraph about 15
> characters.  eg.
>
> my test paragraph is very very long and very very long and very very
>                long and very very long and very very long and very
>                very long  and very very long and.
>
> I have wrapping set to "wrap to window" and this seems to work once
> I manually reformat a paragraph.  Any ideas how I can disable this
> or where to look in my .emacs?

You must have the auto-fill-mode active.
Check LaTeX-mode-hook.
You can toggle it with M-x auto-fill-more RET

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__