all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Carbon (22): PNGs broken
@ 2008-05-03 12:49 David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2008-05-03 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs- devel

The last set of check-ins that introduces Image I/O API use in the
Carbon port (22 branch) broke PNG display; my PNGs are all blue-on-
white now (both in tool-bar and when loaded in a buffer).
I didn't specifically set USE_MAC_IMAGE_IO, so it is at its default
(FALSE or not defined unless I'm mistaken).

I can make one of the PNGs available and investigate further if that's
required.

* Re: Carbon (22): PNGs broken
@ 2008-05-03 14:07 ` YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu @ 2008-05-03 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Reitter; +Cc: emacs- devel

> The last set of check-ins that introduces Image I/O API use in the
> Carbon port (22 branch) broke PNG display; my PNGs are all blue-on-
> white now (both in tool-bar and when loaded in a buffer).  I didn't
> specifically set USE_MAC_IMAGE_IO, so it is at its default (FALSE or
> not defined unless I'm mistaken).

Sounds like an endian issue if you run it on an Intel machine.
Could you try adding kCGBitmapByteOrder32Host to the last
argument of each CGBitmapContextCreate call?

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				mituharu@math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp

* Re: Carbon (22): PNGs broken
@ 2008-05-03 14:29   ` David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2008-05-03 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu, emacs- devel

I see now that Image I/O is enabled by default.

On 3 May 2008, at 15:07, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:

> Sounds like an endian issue if you run it on an Intel machine.
> Could you try adding kCGBitmapByteOrder32Host to the last
> argument of each CGBitmapContextCreate call?

Yes, that works indeed.

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: Carbon (22): PNGs broken
@ 2008-05-04  6:12     ` YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu @ 2008-05-04  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Reitter; +Cc: emacs- devel

>> Sounds like an endian issue if you run it on an Intel machine.
>> Could you try adding kCGBitmapByteOrder32Host to the last argument
>> of each CGBitmapContextCreate call?

> Yes, that works indeed.

Thanks.  I've installed the fix.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu