Lars Ingebrigtsen writes: > Arthur Miller writes: > >> +(defun edebug--strip-plist (symbol) >> + "Remove edebug related properties from SYMBOL's plist." >> + (dolist (prop '(edebug edebug-behavior edebug-coverage >> + edebug-form-spec edebug-freq-count >> + ghost-edebug)) >> + (cl-remprop symbol prop))) > > This will break edebug -- edebug-form-spec is set when loading > edebug.el, it's not something that happens when you instrument a > function. Ahh that pcase in the niddle of nowhere; what does it do there? Why is it not in some "init" function? :-) Yes, it is true what you say, but only for a handful of symbols, not even all of those handled in that pcase. I think it is emitted only for let, let*, setq and quote, but it is not important. See attached patch, if it is acceptable. It will check if a symbol is one of those specially treated and do nothing for those. I think that is what you mean? I don't see any other place that adds properties and I don't see any edebug properties in "random" symbols unless instrumented. > I don't know about the other symbols. That seems to be the only one added automatically.