Hello, Yes I fully agree that there is room to improve it. For fitting to the paper dimension, the simplest would be to have the LaTeX code derive box sizes (\cellwidth...) from \textheight & \textwidth, and derive in turn \textheight & \textwidth from \paperheight & \paperwidth and the wanted margin. All of this can be done in the LaTeX code. Another area of improvement would be to replace \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} by the adquate encoding when holidays are used, or week days name are not English. Vincent. ________________________________ De : Marcin Borkowski Envoyé : mardi 22 août 2017 09:04 À : Vincent Belaïche Cc : emacs-devel Objet : Re: cal-tex.el landscape patch On 2017-08-21, at 16:19, Vincent Belaïche wrote: > Hello, > > Not being the maintainer of calendar, I would like to get your > approval/brickbats/comments before commiting this : the objective is to > make landscape by landscape class option + \usepackage{geometry}, rather > than \special{landscape} in the preamble. > > The advantage of this way is that this it works directly if you compile > with pdflatex, rather than latex+dvips+ps2pdf. To achieve this I had to > change some of the function prototypes, the landscape argument is > removed, and landscape option is passed just as another class option. +1 And my 2 cents: Not being the maintainer either, but sometimes a user, I'm for it. However, I feel that cal-tex requires a general overhaul. The LaTeX file it produces doesn't look really great (neither the source nor the output). And it doesn't fit on A4. I could try to do that overhaul. For starters, enable A4 calendars; also, why not use TikZ to draw the boxes (at least as an option)? WDYT? Best, -- Marcin Borkowski