all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Exchange image during mouse hover / click
@ 2008-05-11  7:00 David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2008-05-11  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu emacs-help gnu; +Cc: Nathaniel Cunningham

I'm dealing with images included in a buffer, which implement buttons
for the user to click on.

I'd like to display a slightly darkened image when the user hovers
with the mouse over the images, and an even more darkened image when
they click on it (during mouse-down).  This gives good visual feedback
and improves the UI.

Question is: how do I do it?   While the tool-bar provides image
vectors to do just that, I can't seem to find functionality to
implement this.

The `mouse-face' property of faces only allows me to specify another
face, so that's not useful to me.  There is no way to darken anything
displayed via a face property, and I wouldn't really want to do that,
because I'm suppling the actual image.

Is this possible now in Emacs 22?  If not, could it be provided in 23?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-05-11  7:00 UTC | newest]