all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* newbie needs to be bailed out
@ 2012-01-04 19:22 Kim Young
From: Kim Young @ 2012-01-04 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I am running Mac os x lion and I want to use emacs to try to write some shell scripts for work. I am new to emacs so I would like help with some very basic things.

1.	What is the command to determine the version of emacs that is provided with lion?

2.	How do I enable color highlighting for syntext?

3	How do I get a list of the command sequences that auto generate things like "for", "while" and "do" loops for 	the various languages (C++, ruby, etc) I might use?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

John "Kim" Young
1663 71st  Street
Brooklyn, NY   11204