If you go for this solution then, please tell it here if you push the patch, to check if we don't have the same issue with the fill-column-indicator. On May 7, 2019 9:09:23 PM GMT+02:00, Stefan Monnier wrote: >>> If you a re thinking about clipping characters on display in some >way, >> Or maybe we could have an option not to put a number on a screen line >> that starts with a display or overlay string. > >Not sure what would be the ideal behavior for compact-docstrings (no >line-number? Truncated line-number? smaller line-number?), but for >those "text lines turned into thin graphical lines" as in >describe-symbol, *vc-log*, and friends, I think the better behavior >would be to not display a line number at all. > >Rather than try and guess it based on the presence of a >display/overlay, >maybe we could require a specific text-property like `no-line-number`? > > > Stefan > > >BTW: in nlinum-mode (and presumably linum-mode as well), the > line-numbers are clipped, so I guess this is a difference between > text-in-the-margin and text-in-the-"main"-area. -- Enviado desde mi dispositivo Android con K-9 Mail. Por favor, disculpa mi brevedad.