all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* What version of gdb can you run Emacs under on w32?
@ 2011-01-14 21:24 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2011-01-14 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

I am using "GNU gdb (GDB) 7.1" and quite often gdb itself crashes.
What version of gdb is the best to use now?

* Re: What version of gdb can you run Emacs under on w32?
@ 2011-01-14 22:48 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-01-14 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 22:24:35 +0100
>
> I am using "GNU gdb (GDB) 7.1" and quite often gdb itself crashes.
> What version of gdb is the best to use now?

The latest one, as always.  As of now, it's 7.2 (7.2.1 is expected in
a short while, I think).

* Re: What version of gdb can you run Emacs under on w32?
@ 2011-01-14 23:01   ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2011-01-14 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:48 PM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>> From: Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com>
>> Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 22:24:35 +0100
>>
>> I am using "GNU gdb (GDB) 7.1" and quite often gdb itself crashes.
>> What version of gdb is the best to use now?
>
> The latest one, as always.  As of now, it's 7.2 (7.2.1 is expected in
> a short while, I think).

Thanks.

* Re: What version of gdb can you run Emacs under on w32?
@ 2011-01-17 15:50 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2011-01-17 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

Lennart> I am using "GNU gdb (GDB) 7.1" and quite often gdb itself crashes.
Lennart> What version of gdb is the best to use now?

In addition to what Eli said, please report all gdb crashes to the gdb
bugzilla.

Tom