Hi, Lennart, how to skip grep-probe/grep-compute-defaults (add hook or change variable)? Thanks On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Lennart Borgman wrote: > On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 2:22 AM, Shenli Zhu wrote: > > Hi Peter, > > > > Do you mean the grep-command I set should be runnable in shell? I just > use > > grep-command to store the grep template, so it cannot be run in shell. > > > > Why we need probe-grep? To test whether grep exists and whether its > function > > works correctly? Can I skip it? > > > probe-grep tries to find out what grep program you actually use and > what it can do. So, yes, you can skip it if you know what the program > can do. >