all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Upgrade from Emacs 22.3 to 23.2
@ 2010-11-05 13:16 gerald.jean
From: gerald.jean @ 2010-11-05 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: jasmin.berube

Hello,

recently our IT upgraded Emacs from 22.3 to 23.2.  Using exactly the same
.emacs file the fontification and the colors are very different.

M-x list-colors-display   yields:

22.3 --- 542 colors and gray shades.
23.2 ---     3 colors.

I use font-lock a lot and now some words are so pale I can't even read
them.  What is causing that?  is there a way around it?  could it be
compilation flags?

This is under RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 on a 64-bit machine.

Thanks for any support,

Gérald Jean
Conseiller senior en statistiques,
VP Actuariat et Solutions d'assurances,
Desjardins Groupe d'Assurances Générales
télephone            : (418) 835-4900 poste (7639)
télecopieur          : (418) 835-6657
courrier électronique: gerald.jean@dgag.ca

"We believe in God, others must bring Data."

W. Edwards Deming

[parent not found: <mailman.3.1288962977.28671.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]