On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 7:57 AM, orium wrote: > Hi, > > I want my emacs to backup every file on save (with version control), > but for some reason i only have one version of each file. > If you read the description of `save-buffer', you'll see that this is by design. I think this comes from the olden times when disk space was precious. How can have one new backup version created every time i save a file? > You can force a backup whenever you save, by mapping C-xC-s to something like this: (defun le::save-buffer-force-backup (arg) "save buffer, always with a 2 \\[universal-argument]'s see `save-buffer' With ARG, don't force backup. " (interactive "P") (if (and arg (listp arg)) (save-buffer) (save-buffer 16))) -- Le